Subject: Re: Git User's Survey 2008 partial summary

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 18:00:26 +0200

On Wed, 3 September 2008, Scott Chacon wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > This is partial summary of Git User's Survey 2008 after more that 1000
> > (yes, that is more than _thousands_ responses) just after the 3 days
> > of running the survey.  It is based on "Analysis" page for this survey:
> >  http://www.survs.com/shareResults?survey=M3PIVU72&rndm=OKJQ45LAG8
> 
> Is there a way to download the raw data?  There may be some
> interesting correlations between answers in different fields I would
> like to look for in the data, but it's too aggregated here.  I heard
> it would be available at the end, but can I get it from somewhere now
> as well?

I, as survey administrator, can export survey data to CSV or Excel
formats, but currently I cannot export URL to such data.  So you can
either ask me to send you such data[*1*] (CSV for around 700 individual
responses weights 1.7MB, and 272KB after gzipping), or sign in
to Survs.com (which might, or might not, require invite) and ask me
to add to "git" role/account/group.

On the other hand you can use different filters (again, I think only
survey administrator can do this, or whatever role is it) to limit
summarized replies, for example show summary only for users which
use Git on MS Windows (answered "What operating system..." question,
and the answer was "MS Windows (Cygwin)" or "MS Windows (msysGit)".

I can also enable individual responses in shared view (above link),
so you can see reply by reply; but I don't think this is particularly
useful, especially with 1000+ responses (21 in 'testing' channel).

[*1*] I will not send this to git mailing list...
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland