Subject: [GSoC] Git projects for Google Summer of Code 2008 final evaluation

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 23:15:56 +0200

We are now according to Google Summer of Code 2008 timeline
  http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
after final evaluation deadline (September 2: 12:00 PDT / 19:00 UTC).

Therefore I and perhaps other on git mailing list would like to know 
what is the status of all git GSoC 2008 projects. We could then write
summary about each project at http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2008Projects
page.

So students and mentors, please write what do you think current status 
of project is: is it done, is it ready, is it perhaps already merged 
in, or can be merged in at any time.  Please write also what wasn't 
done, or what should be done different way (hindsight and all that).

Students, could you please tell us if you plan to work on git further, 
and in what range (how much time can you get to work on git). What do 
you think about git development community? What have you learned from 
participating in GSoC?

Mentors, could you tell us your side about how it was working as a 
mentor for Google Summer of Code? Perhaps some tricks of trade?
Have you herd perhaps about non-Git projects involving Git, like
Git# project(s) from Mono, DVCS support for KDevelop from KDE,
Git plugin for Anjuta IDE from GNOME; how did they fare?

Thank you all very much for your work on Git projects on this Google 
Summer of Code.

Below there is list of various Git's Google Summer of Code 2008 
projects, in the sequence the are on Git Wiki
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2008Projects

1. GitTorrent
 
Student: Joshua Roys
Mentor: Sam Vilain

2. git-statistics

Student: Sverre Rabbelier
Mentor: David Symonds

3. Gitweb caching

Student: Lea Wiemann
Mentor: John 'warthog' Hawley

4. Eclipse plugin push support
 
Student: Marek Zawirski
Mentor: Shawn O. Pearce

5. git-merge builtin

Student: Miklos Vajna
Mentor: Johannes Schindelin

6. git-sequencer

Student: Stephan Beyer
Mentor: Christian Couder, Daniel Barkalow

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland