Subject: [StGit PATCH 0/3] Auto-generate man pages and command list

From: Karl Hasselström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:07:52 +0200

The first patch auto-generates man pages for all StGit commands. We
still have to write the actual text by hand (bummer!), but we get all
the flags for free. Now we just have to take all those man pages and
make them good ...

The third patch gets rid of the manual list of all commands in main.py
and stg.txt, and instead generates it automatically. (There's still
one list in the bash completion script; it is my next target.)

---

Karl Hasselström (3):
      Generate command lists automatically
      asciidoc.conf: Steal updates from git
      Auto-generate man pages for all StGit commands

 Documentation/.gitignore           |    4 -
 Documentation/COMMAND-TEMPLATE.txt |   42 ---------
 Documentation/Makefile             |   15 +++
 Documentation/asciidoc.conf        |  100 +++++++++++++++-----
 Documentation/stg-branch.txt       |  114 -----------------------
 Documentation/stg-clone.txt        |   32 -------
 Documentation/stg-init.txt         |   29 ------
 Documentation/stg-new.txt          |  115 ------------------------
 Documentation/stg-sink.txt         |   49 ----------
 Documentation/stg.txt              |  138 ----------------------------
 Makefile                           |   18 +++-
 stg-build                          |   37 ++++++++
 stgit/argparse.py                  |  176 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 stgit/commands/.gitignore          |    1 
 stgit/commands/__init__.py         |   78 ++++++++++++++++
 stgit/commands/branch.py           |  123 ++++++++++++++++---------
 stgit/commands/clean.py            |   22 ++---
 stgit/commands/clone.py            |   20 +++-
 stgit/commands/coalesce.py         |   14 ++-
 stgit/commands/commit.py           |   22 +++--
 stgit/commands/delete.py           |   16 ++-
 stgit/commands/diff.py             |   27 +++---
 stgit/commands/edit.py             |   24 ++---
 stgit/commands/export.py           |   48 +++++-----
 stgit/commands/files.py            |   24 ++---
 stgit/commands/float.py            |   18 ++--
 stgit/commands/fold.py             |   23 ++---
 stgit/commands/goto.py             |   11 +-
 stgit/commands/hide.py             |   17 ++-
 stgit/commands/id.py               |   12 +-
 stgit/commands/imprt.py            |   93 +++++++++----------
 stgit/commands/init.py             |   14 ++-
 stgit/commands/log.py              |   34 +++----
 stgit/commands/mail.py             |  116 +++++++++++-------------
 stgit/commands/new.py              |   34 ++++---
 stgit/commands/patches.py          |   22 ++---
 stgit/commands/pick.py             |   50 +++++-----
 stgit/commands/pop.py              |   28 +++---
 stgit/commands/pull.py             |   23 ++---
 stgit/commands/push.py             |   38 +++-----
 stgit/commands/rebase.py           |   23 ++---
 stgit/commands/refresh.py          |   45 ++++-----
 stgit/commands/rename.py           |   20 ++--
 stgit/commands/repair.py           |   11 +-
 stgit/commands/resolved.py         |   27 +++---
 stgit/commands/series.py           |   78 +++++++---------
 stgit/commands/show.py             |   31 +++---
 stgit/commands/sink.py             |   44 ++++++---
 stgit/commands/status.py           |   53 +++++------
 stgit/commands/sync.py             |   31 +++---
 stgit/commands/top.py              |   16 ++-
 stgit/commands/uncommit.py         |   25 +++--
 stgit/commands/unhide.py           |   19 ++--
 stgit/main.py                      |  138 ++--------------------------
 54 files changed, 1024 insertions(+), 1358 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/COMMAND-TEMPLATE.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/stg-branch.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/stg-clone.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/stg-init.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/stg-new.txt
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/stg-sink.txt
 create mode 100755 stg-build
 create mode 100644 stgit/commands/.gitignore

-- 
Karl Hasselström, [email-masked]
      www.treskal.com/kalle