Subject: [ANNOUNCE] GitTogether '08 (Developer/User Summit Oct 27-29)

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:11:04 -0700

Google is hosting GitTogether '08, October 27th through 29th,
at its Mountain View, CA headquarters.

This GitTogether immediately follows the Google Summer of Code
mentor summit, so some of our end-user groups may already have
representatives in the area.  We've timed the GitTogether to follow
the summit so we can get some users to attend while they are still
in the area.

Git contributors and users alike are welcome to attend.  Admission is
free (as everything is being donated by Google), but you will need
to arrange for your own travel and lodging.  If you are looking
at flights try the SJC and SFO airports.  SFO usually has cheaper
flights as its a bigger, more active airport.

At this point we are looking to solicit proposals for talks,
round-table discussions, centers of focus for patch hack-a-thons,
etc.  I'm not certain what sort of facilities (in terms of meeting
spaces) we will have available to us yet, and to some extent that
may depend on what our program becomes.  I'm thinking we should
schedule at least one or two day days of the time for unconference
style activities[*1*]

There's also a pretty good cadry of Git users within Google.  If we
can get some interesting Git developers here on-site I'd like to
arrange for some of the talks to be Google Tech Talks, so people
can benefit even if they cannot attend in person.  We may be able
to get such talks up on Google Video once they clear security.

The Git Wiki page is being used for planning:

  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitTogether

and of course, so is this email thread.  ;-)

*1* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FooCamp

-- 
Shawn.