Subject: [ANNOUNCE] nbgit 0.1

From: Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:54:30 +0200

Hello,

Alexander Coles and I are very pleased to announce the first release of
nbgit, a git module for NetBeans. It uses the JGit library to interact
with Git repositories, which means that it should be as cross-platform
as it can get. Furthermore, both NetBeans 6.1 and 6.5beta should be
supported, the last one only slightly tested though.

The project is still in an early development phase and many features are
currently missing. However, nbgit 0.1 supports the most basic features
of a NetBeans versioning module. This includes showing annotations for
files and directories, viewing the status of tracked files, browsing
differences (both in diff view and in the editor), committing, and more
(see full list below).

Interested and *brave* people are encouraged to take it for a spin and
report first impressions, problems, or hurrahs in the nbgit forum or the
issue tracker on the Google Code project page.

Some useful resources
---------------------

 Homepage:      http://nbgit.org/
 Project:	http://nbgit.googlecode.com/
 Forum:		http://groups.google.com/group/nbgit
 Downloads:     http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/downloads/list
 Gitfeed:       git://github.com/myabc/nbgit.git
 Gitweb:        http://github.com/myabc/nbgit/commits/master
                http://repo.or.cz/w/nbgit.git (mirrored)

Changes in this release
-----------------------

New features:

 - init: Create a new git repository.
 - status: List the status of changed files.
 - diff: View changes to files (side-by-side).
 - commit: Commit a selected range of files.
 - log: Search and view revisions.
 - update: Revert individual file changes.
 - properties: Change repository specific options (i.e. user.name and
   user.email).
 - custom: User defined commands (e.g. to open gitk). (issue 16)

Resolved issues:

 - Prefill the history summary view when opened. (issue 5)
 - Optionally insert Signed-off-by line in commit messages. (issue 7)
 - Reorder class path extensions to allow nbgit to be opened in NetBeans
   6.5beta. (issue 14)

-- 
Jonas Fonseca