Subject: Re: CGit and repository list

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:13:36 +0200

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 07:40:43PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Dnia piątek 12. września 2008 18:05, Petr Baudis napisał:
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 05:54:29PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> >>
> >> P.S. Could you please gather some statistics to compare the period
> >> before and after installing "smart" HTTP server (and after smart
> >> clients became widespread).
> > 
> > What kind of statistics?
> 
> In the simplest case just some averaged system load (perhaps load 
> average from uptime, or from top, or from /proc) before and after.
> Perhaps bandwidth used per week or something like that too.

This statistics are already available at

	http://rover.dkm.cz/~yanek/stats/

> If you have time and interest, CPU load, disk IO, network IO or
> network bandwidth used, and average time to serve request (latency)
> for fetching via HTTP protocol, for "dumb" and "smart" clients,
> perhaps averaged over number of requests.  (I don't know unfortunately 
> how to get such data).
> 
> In short: check how "smart" HTTP protocol would improve things.

...and I don't know out of the top of my head how to best gather the
rest either. ;-) (If someone is really interested about all this, that's
fine, but they have to give me a pre-made cookbook of recipes how to
hook that up to RRD.)

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The next generation of interesting software will be done
on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.  -- Bill Gates