Subject: Re: CGit and repository list

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:40:43 +0200

Dnia piątek 12. września 2008 18:05, Petr Baudis napisał:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 05:54:29PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
>>
>> P.S. Could you please gather some statistics to compare the period
>> before and after installing "smart" HTTP server (and after smart
>> clients became widespread).
> 
> What kind of statistics?

In the simplest case just some averaged system load (perhaps load 
average from uptime, or from top, or from /proc) before and after.
Perhaps bandwidth used per week or something like that too.

If you have time and interest, CPU load, disk IO, network IO or
network bandwidth used, and average time to serve request (latency)
for fetching via HTTP protocol, for "dumb" and "smart" clients,
perhaps averaged over number of requests.  (I don't know unfortunately 
how to get such data).

In short: check how "smart" HTTP protocol would improve things.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland