Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] TopGit v0.3

From: Michael Radziej <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:01:31 +0200

Hi!

I'm just starting to toy around with TopGit. Please excuse if I am simply
too naive :-)                                                 
                                
I wonder about the .topmsg and .topdeps files. Why is this information
within the topic branch? It tends to get into the way even though a special
merge driver is provided. For example, you cannot do octopus merges (which I
found very confusing as first-time user). And it might also confuse people
cloning a TopGit repository and want to use a topgit branch. They might not
be aware of these special TopGit things.
                                                                                                                                       
I'd rather have a dedicated branched named e.g. 'TopGit' which includes the                                                           
information that is currently in .topmsg and .topdeps, but for all branches
in a repository.

Cheers,

Michael Radziej

-- 
noris network AG - Deutschherrnstraße 15-19 - D-90429 Nürnberg -
Tel +49-911-9352-0 - Fax +49-911-9352-100
http://www.noris.de - The IT-Outsourcing Company
 
Vorstand: Ingo Kraupa (Vorsitzender), Joachim Astel, Hansjochen Klenk - 
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stefan Schnabel - AG Nürnberg HRB 17689