Subject: Re: [GSoC] Git projects for Google Summer of Code 2008 final evaluation

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:13:35 +0200

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Jakub Narebski wrote:

> Mentors, could you tell us your side about how it was working as a 
> mentor for Google Summer of Code? Perhaps some tricks of trade?

By the way, I have found via LWN that Perl has written nice summary
of theirs Google Summer of Code projects[1].  Among other they very much
praise that students did blogging about their progress:

  "use Perl | Summer of Code recap"
  http://use.perl.org/articles/08/08/29/1224242.shtml

  Most of the students did a great job of blogging their progress, which
  I think is an important part of Summer of Code for the rest of the
  community.

What do you think about it (for example about doing it in a future
if our informal Git Development Community would participate in next
Google Summer of Code programs)?

[1] I plan to add quick summary of final results to GSoC2008 wiki page, 
http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2008Projects, of course if GSoC manager(s),
mentors, or students don't do it first...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland