Subject: Re: Help breaking up a large merge.

From: David Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:25:07 -0700

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 05:55:34PM +0200, Santi Béjar wrote:

>If the two (or at least one) branches have sufficient isolated commits
>you can recreate the merges that could have happened, as is explained
>(for monotone) in:
>
>http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/ZipperMerge
>
>Another option is to rebase one branch onto the other.

Either of these is likely to result in more work.  Both branches have
intermediate results, and there has been some communication between
the developers of each branch, so some things are closer at the two
tips than they would be at intermediate stages.

I started with this approach, and started realizing that I was
resolving similar conflicts repeatedly (not the same, or rerere could
have helped).

Basically, I'm looking for a way to break the merge effort up by
groups of files/directories.

Thanks,
David