Subject: On Sponsor Notices

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:51:20 +0200

Hi,

  to follow up a little on the "This patch has been sponsored by
Novartis" messages - I have been on a summer internship at Novartis busy
deploying Git and these patches (still quite a few more to come, mostly
for gitweb) have been one of the main outputs of that work.

  However, I'm not sure if acknowledging the Novartis-originated patches
in the log message like this is the best practice and we will understand
if the maintainers will decide to strip these notices when applying the
patches. Usually, this kind of acknowledgement is made by using
"sponsored" email addresses, however mine will probably stop working
shortly after I leave and the only way to read it is, shall we say,
utmostly inconvenient. ;-) Now, Shawn has proposed 'Sponsored-by:' line
at the header footer, which is also an interesting possibility.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
People who take cold baths never have rheumatism, but they have
cold baths.