Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/6] gitweb: action in path with use_pathinfo

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:22:56 +0200

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Or we could just scrap and revert adding href(..., -replay=>1).
> > There is much trouble with getting it right and performing well,
> > and it is less useful than I thought (at least now).
> 
> Dunno, the idea in itself is not bad. We just have to get it right ;)

It is not easy to get it right, especially that there are multivalued
parameters like @extra_options, see e.g. commit 7863c612
 
> In a way, I actually think that -replay=>1 should be the default, I
> suspect it makes sense in most cases.

Well, -replay=>1 was meant to be used for "alternate view" links, like
for example 'next page' link, or 'raw view' link, or 'sorted by' link;
it would be stretch and feature abuse to use it for "item" links, like
entries in 'tree' view, or commits in log-like views, or changed files
links in 'commitdiff' and 'blobdiff'  views.

I guess it would be half the cases, not most cases.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland