Subject: [PATCH (BUGFIX)] gitweb: Fix two 'uninitialized value' varnings in git_tree()

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:50:04 +0200

If we did try to access nonexistent directory or file, which means
that git_get_hash_by_path() returns `undef`, uninitialized $hash
variable was passed to 'open' call.  Now we fail early with "404 Not
Found - No such tree" error.  (If we try to access something which
does not resolve to tree-ish, for example a file / 'blob' object, the
error will be caught later, as "404 Not Found - Reading tree failed"
error).

If we tried to use 'tree' action without $file_name ('f' parameter)
set, which means either tree given by hash or a top tree (and we
currently cannot distinguish between those two cases), we cannot print
path breadcrumbs with git_print_page_path().  Fix this by moving call
to git_print_page_path() inside conditional.

Signed-off-by: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
---
Those two errors were discovered when creating new basic test for
path_info (following). 

I was also thinking about alternate solution of using instead
"$hash_base:$file_name" for $hash, but it caused some errors I didn't
feel like debugging. Current diff is also smaller than mentioned
solution.

BTW. should we use "No such tree" or "No such directory".

 gitweb/gitweb.perl |    3 ++-
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gitweb/gitweb.perl b/gitweb/gitweb.perl
index 18e70a3..bb20ed7 100755
--- a/gitweb/gitweb.perl
+++ b/gitweb/gitweb.perl
@@ -4445,6 +4445,7 @@ sub git_tree {
 			$hash = $hash_base;
 		}
 	}
+	die_error(404, "No such tree") unless defined($hash);
 	$/ = "\0";
 	open my $fd, "-|", git_cmd(), "ls-tree", '-z', $hash
 		or die_error(500, "Open git-ls-tree failed");
@@ -4485,8 +4486,8 @@ sub git_tree {
 		if ($basedir ne '' && substr($basedir, -1) ne '/') {
 			$basedir .= '/';
 		}
+		git_print_page_path($file_name, 'tree', $hash_base);
 	}
-	git_print_page_path($file_name, 'tree', $hash_base);
 	print "<div class=\"page_body\">\n";
 	print "<table class=\"tree\">\n";
 	my $alternate = 1;