Subject: Re: [ANNOUCNE] repo - The Multiple Git Repository Tool

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:13:20 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Google developed two tools, repo and Gerrit, and open sourced them
> > under the Apache License:
> >
> >   http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/repo.git
> >   http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gerrit.git
> >
> >   git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
> >   git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/gerrit.git
> 
> Heh, very nice, with a very shallow history ;-)

Yea, well, some of our history messages are downright messy and/or
contain information we don't want to disclose to the public.  Its
apparently "normal" for Google to just drop history when it opens
a code base.  :-\

The repo and Gerrit histories are short enough that I might
be able to go through them and clean them up some (remove any
comments revealing Google secrets) and publish the history under a
different repository.  Folks can always graft it behind the (now)
real repository.

I can't promise anything, but I'll talk to my co-contributors and
consider doing this in the near future.

-- 
Shawn.