Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: fixes to gitweb feature check code

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 02:02:26 +0100

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> The gitweb_check_feature routine was being used for two different
> purposes: retrieving the actual feature value (such as the list of
> snapshot formats or the list of additional actions), and to check if a
> feature was enabled.
> 
> For the latter use, since all features return an array, it led to either
> clumsy code or subtle bugs, with disabled features appearing enabled
> because (0) evaluates to 1.
> 
> We fix these bugs, and simplify the code, by separating feature (list)
> value retrieval (gitweb_get_feature) from boolean feature check (i.e.
> retrieving the first/only item in the feature value list). Usage of
> gitweb_check_feature across gitweb is replaced by the appropriate call
> wherever needed.
> ---

First, you forgot the signoff, but you have addressed that already.

Second, I thought at first that it would be good for the patch to also
simplify %feature hash, using "'default' => 1" instead of current bit
convoluted "'default' => [1]", at the cost of bit more code for
defensive programming.  But now I think that if it is to be done,
it should be put as separate patch.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland