Subject: Re: Git.pm

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:34:46 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 06:56:44PM +0100, nadim khemir wrote:
> Hi, I'm new on this mailing list and quite new to git too. I named on irc that 
> I develop mainly in Perl (http://search.cpan.org/~nkh/) when I do open 
> source. I heard that Git.pm needed some love and I can take over its 
> maintenance if there are things that need to be done.
> 
> I need to know:
> 
>         - what needs to be done
>         - who was doing maintenanace before
>         - how do you want to release it (perl modules are best placed on CPAN 
> (too))
>         - what (and who) is depending on Git.pm
>         - what would be expected of me

  I know it's quite some time since you wrote this mail originally -
have you read the Lea's thread I have recommended? What is your current
plan?

  I think the current rough consensus in the Git community is to go with
Lea's design and implementation after extending it with a nice way to
run arbitrary Git commands. This is also desirable since then we can use
her patches to make gitweb use Git.pm.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
People who take cold baths never have rheumatism, but they have
cold baths.