Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-gui: update Japanese translation

From: Alexander Gavrilov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:27:37 +0300

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 13:21:44 Nanako Shiraishi wrote:
> -#: lib/blame.tcl:388
> +#: lib/blame.tcl:288
> +msgid "Show History Context"
> +msgstr "文脈を見せる"

> -#: lib/option.tcl:128
> +#: lib/option.tcl:151
> +msgid "Blame History Context Radius (days)"
> +msgstr "註釈する履歴半径（日数）"

I obviosly should have chosen a less ambiguous name for this
option. Everybody seems to think that the key item here is Blame,
while actually it is "History Context", i.e. the option specifies the
Radius of the History Context that is shown by the corresponding
menu item in the Blame viewer. It was probably better to name it
simply "History Context Radius".

This menu item starts gitk, auto-selecting the commit that the clicked
line of the blame viewer is annotated with, and restricting view to
commits that are within the specified time radius of it. The feature is mainly
intended to aid analysis of repositories with poorly structured history,
where related changes are often scattered into multiple nearby commits.
It can easily happen as a consequence of importing history from
a file-centered VCS, like CVS or Visual SourceSafe. That's why no
limiting on file path is done.

Of course, it is also a handy way to view the commit diff...

Alexander