Subject: Re: [PATCH] Modified the default git help message to be grouped by topic

From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:33:41 -0600

On Tuesday 02 December 2008, "James Pickens" <[email-masked]> wrote 
about 'Re: [PATCH] Modified the default git help message to be grouped by 
topic':
>On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Scott Chacon <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I sent a new patch that removes 'rm' and 'mv' and removes the
>> common-cmd.h build process. I did keep the 'status' command, since in
>> my personal experience people tend to like having that command.
>
>Even though 'rm' might not be used very often, I think it's an important
>enough command that it should not be removed from the 'basics' list.
>AFAIK, the only other way to delete a file is 'rm file' followed by 'git
>add -u' or 'git commit -a'.  Imagine a git newbie trying to figure that
>out.
>
>I'm tempted to say the same thing about 'mv' as well.  And FWIW, I use
>'status' a lot more than I use 'diff', so I would vote to keep 'status'
> in the list too.

x2 to all of both paragraphs, except that I'm not just "tempted"; I do say 
that mv should be kept.
-- 
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =. 
[email-masked]                      ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy           `-'(. .)`-' 
http://iguanasuicide.org/                      \_/