Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow passing of --directory to git-am.

From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:28:58 -0600

On Thursday 04 December 2008, Simon 'corecode' Schubert 
<[email-masked]> wrote about '[PATCH] Allow passing of --directory 
to git-am.':
>-	--whitespace)
>-		git_apply_opt="$git_apply_opt $1=$2"; shift ;;
>+	--whitespace|--directory)
>+		quot=$(echo "$2" | sed -e "s/'/\\'/g")
>+		git_apply_opt="$git_apply_opt $1='$quot'"; shift ;;

Test:
bss@monster:~$ echo "don't" | sed -e "s/'/\\'/g"
don't
bss@monster:~$

I'm thinking your sed line doesn't do what you think it does.  You probably 
want something like:
bss@monster:~$ echo "don't" | sed -e "s/'/'\\\\''/g"
don'\''t
-- 
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =. 
[email-masked]                      ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy           `-'(. .)`-' 
http://iguanasuicide.org/                      \_/