Subject: Re: Git weekly news: 2008-49

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 23:33:39 +0100

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Felipe's page currently is a random collection of links, and other than
> > their titles, there is no indication for readers to judge which link is
> > worth clicking and reading.  It does not even mention who wrote each
> > piece, let alone editorial comments (e.g. "This is worth reading") like
> > you added.  When you click one of them in order to read it, you leave the
> > "list of links".  That is not how navigation (the click and thought flow
> > for the readers) usually works in a "Planet".
> 
> Lets remember that this is the first try, and there's many more links
> that what would fit in any given week, but I just didn't want to leave
> them out.
> 
> Maybe for the next weeks I'll do a bit of explanation about each link,
> lets see. 

Not necessary a bit of explanation about _each_ link, but at least put
them in rough categories (as a kind of you did), separating praise,
explanation/documentation, web and Ruby stuff and solving, and solving
specific issue (like those on BlogPosts wiki page).

> I actually propose two things:

[...]
> b) git blog
> 
> A blog can be shared by a bunch of people, much line online news
> sites. Junio could write a post once for each release, for example,
> without having to setup his own blog, maybe somebody else can
> copy-paste "What's cooking in git.git", or any kind of semi-official
> announcement.

Junio has its own blog: http://gitster.livejournal.com

And there is RSS feed for [ANNOUNCE] posts at http://gitrss.q42.co.uk
and "What's cooking in git.git" and the like.

> And I'm sure there will be one or two developers who wouldn't mind
> sharing their frustrations and/or visions.

Would they want to write blog posts? Git is very much email driven
community...

[...]
> For b) I just need interested people to send me their emails.

To apply for accounts, isn't it?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland