Subject: [ANNOUNCE] git-svn-bugfix script (Re: [PATCH] git-svn: Make following parents atomic)

From: Deskin Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:10:39 -0500

git-svn has some bugs where it won't create identical commits in
different git-svn copies of the same svn history, despite all relevant
configuration being identical; oftentimes, the copies will diverge from
each other at some point.  My theory for a long time was that
interrupting git svn fetch could cause this, and it turns out I was
right in one case, but since it's not something I could easily interrupt
my normal workflow with to do forensics when it occurred, I ended up
writing a script to repeatedly fetch from a certain svn repository, and
compare refs to a supposedly pristine fetch until the refs diverged or
one fetched all the svn history; then, rinse and repeat the process from
the beginning.  It's available at

git://git.deskinm.fdns.net/git-svn-bugfix.git

Using this script, r3924 of SVN's svn repository flagged one bug
repeatedly, for which I've posted a patch.  I'm posting the repo because
there are other places where history diverges that I've not had a chance
to debug yet, so others should feel free to use the script to find and
fix them.  If anyone feels inclined, I'll gladly take patches to the
script, but I don't really care to handle data or bug reports you
generate with it (at least not at this point); I can generate plenty of
data myself.

Deskin Miller