Subject: Re: ETA for release of gjit 0.4?

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:21:23 -0800

Farrukh Najmi <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I could but maven (and good project release) practices are that a  
> project's release version should be managed by the project and not  
> consumers of the project.
>
> BTW, If there is interest in maveninzing the project I can offer to  
> contribute that change to the project. Just let me know if that is  
> something the project wishes to do.

Have you seen the jgit-maven subdirectory?  It has a jgit/pom.xml
contributed by Imran M Yousuf for exactly this reason.  I think we
also have a Maven distribution site:

  http://code.google.com/p/egit/wiki/ConfiguringMaven

The issue is getting one of the developers to tag and upload a build.
Myself, I don't actually use Maven, so I don't build with it.

-- 
Shawn.