Subject: Re: epic fsck SIGSEGV! (was Recovering from epic fail (deleted .git/objects/pack))

From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:00:54 -0600

On Wednesday 2008 December 10 21:28:15 Linus Torvalds wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>> 	http://marc.info/?l=git&m=122889563424786&w=2
>
>Not very pretty. The basic notion is ok, but wouldn't it be nicer to at
>least use a "struct object_array" instead?

As Junio pointed out, we may want to make similar changes with other calls in 
fsck_walk with the function itself as a callback.  It might even make sense 
to have a fsck_walk_full that handles managing the object_array itself.

While we are making changes, there appears to be a copy and paste error from 
line 74 to line 76 -- the second "broken link from" should probably be "              
to".

I'd have already submitted a patch for that, but I can't figure out how to 
tell kmail to not do quoted-printable.  :(  [And, if I can beat this client 
into submission I will.]

Linus, sorry about the reply with no snipping or original content.  I 
mis-clicked. :(
-- 
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =. 
[email-masked]                      ((_/)o o(\_))
ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy           `-'(. .)`-' 
http://iguanasuicide.org/                      \_/