Subject: Re: is gitosis secure?

From: Mike Hommey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:35:45 +0100

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:25:53AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Mike Hommey wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 05:00:14PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
>>> 1. if you are running multiple different applications that all want to be
>>> exposed via port 22 (like git for 'git push') then you may need to expose
>>> numerous machines. tools that use SSH don't tend to have the ability to
>>> use a gateway box before they start executing commands, they assume that
>>> you will SSH directly into the destination box.
>>
>> But ssh itself allows you to do proxying. See ProxyCommand in
>> ssh_config's manpage.
>
> I was not aware of that option, but it looks like it's designed to be one 
> setting for all your ssh communications, so unless you always use the 
> same gateway box to get to your destination you would need to tweak your 
> ssh config for each different thing that you are doing.

Take a look at Host in the same man page.

Mike