Subject: [ANNOUNCE] git-cola 1.3.4

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 15:36:26 -0800

The latest git-cola release v1.3.4 is available at the
usual places:

git-cola homepage:
	http://cola.tuxfamily.org/

git-cola on github:
	git clone git://github.com/davvid/git-cola.git 
	http://github.com/davvid/git-cola/tree/master

git-cola is a powerful git gui written in Python.
git-cola uses the PyQt4 gui toolkit and is supported on all
platforms where git is available, including Windows/msysgit.

The latest versions of git-cola sport a fresh new interface and
several new helpful dialogs.  One of the newer git-cola dialogs
is the 'Commit Comparison' dialog which allows you to compare
arbitrary commits using standard merge tools (e.g. xxdiff).

git-cola uses a custom git command called git-difftool to
drive the merge tools.  This is useful if you'd like
to use the functionality in your own scripts or from the
command line.  I will post the current version of git-difftool
to the list for feedback and possible inclusion in the
git contrib/ area since it is a generally useful utility.

See the online documentation for more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v1.3.3 are as follows:

Barry Roberts (3):
      Fix stash typo
      Context menu items for Commits list
      Speed up file identification

David Aguilar (15):
      i18n: fix a few more places where we weren't unicode-safe
      compare: reinstate the Commit -> Compare File... menu action
      views: fix obsolete references to the old dockwidgets
      diff gui: properly restore the scroll bar values on update
      cola: pass --no-color to 'git diff' to avoid receiving ANSI sequences
      controllers: fix a typo when restoring the scrollbar values on rescan
      options dialog: fix some annoyances with the font handling
      compare: fix an edge case when decreasing the number of log results
      Use 'utf-8' instead of 'utf8' in core.encode()
      models: call 'git update-index --refresh' in get_workdir_state()
      rebase: list all branches in the branch chooser, not just local ones
      INSTALL: remove references to the now unused 'file' command
      win32: add a win32/ folder for storing all of the win32 hacks
      INSTALL: fix a typo in the windows installation section
      remote: add a rebase checkbox to the pull dialog

-- 

	David