Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add a commit.signoff configuration variable to always use --signoff.

From: "Jan Krüger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:15:41 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:40:01 +0100
"Adeodato Simó" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I think it might be a good idea to allow overriding the config
> > variable in the other direction, i.e. a --no-signoff option to
> > commit. [...]
> 
> Good catch.
> 
> --no-signoff exists already, so maybe git-rebase should just use it?

Oh, yeah, I didn't notice the option mechanism worked this way and the
options got parsed after processing the config variables. I guess
rebase and rebase--interactive should use it, then, and perhaps there
are other commands that should that I just don't know about (a grep
across all commands implemented in shell script didn't find anything
else, though).

-Jan