Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: support the rel=vcs microformat

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:50:23 -0500

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> In this patch you do NOT add titles to the rel=vcs links, which means that
> everything works fine only if there is a single URL for each project. If a
> project has different URLs, it's going to appear multiple times as _different_
> projects to a spec-compliant reader.
> 
> A possible solution would be to make @git_url_list into a map keyed by the
> project name and having the description and repo URL(s) as values.

Yes. I considered doing that, but didn't immediatly see a way to get the
project description w/o additional overhead (of looking it up a second
time).

> > This changes git_get_project_description() to not check wantarray, and only
> > return in list context -- the only way it is used AFAICS.
> 
> I assume you mean git_get_project_url_list()?

In fact yes.

Thanks for the feedback. There are some changes happening to the
microformat that should make gitweb's job slightly easier, I'll respin
the patch soon.

-- 
see shy jo