Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: suggest name for OPML view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:45:56 +0100

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Jan 2009, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>>
>>> Suggest opml.xml as name for OPML view by providing the appropriate
>>> header, consistently with similar usage in project_index view.
>>
>> It is not name for a view, but more of default filename when saving
>> it. While it is good idea to have consistency, I guess that while
>> 'project_index' view and other non-HTML views are meant to be
>> downloaded and saved (snapshots, patches, patchsets), OPML view
>> is meant to be used on-line, just like web feeds in RSS and Atom
>> formats which are non-HTML too but do not have Content-Disposition
>> header set.
> 
> OPML is used for import/export of RSS feed lists between aggregators
> (e.g. moving your reading list from knewsreader to google reader). As
> such, it can also be comfortable to save it to disk for import by some
> tools. IMO, of course. [...]

If it is used in such way, then I am all for it (and of course for
consistency with 'projects_index' view).

Acked-by: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland