Subject: Re: [PATCH EGIT Allow for git config to not error when lines have '/r' in them.]

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:34:05 +0100

torsdag 08 januari 2009 04:10:05 skrev Ryan Alberts:
> I have attached a small fix for when a git config has /r lines in the file.
> I have to admit that I do not usually submit patches to the open source
> community and I am not very familiar with the process :-)  Please, please,
> let me know if I can do something different next time!

1) Inline the patch
No, need for such a large sign-off. It's good you declare that you have
understand the SOB-line.

You can add "extra" comments that should not go into the cBommit after the
comment like this:

From:.. etc

"This" goes into the commit

Signed-off-by: Whom Ever  <[email-masked]>
--- 

The three dashes ends the comment. Anything after it and the actual patch
will be ignored by git am, but might be useful to the maintainer.

Back to the patch. I think we should only ignore \r (not /r, but could say CR in
a comment) before an LF. 

-- robin