Subject: Help! My ISP blocks repo.or.cz. How to push changes?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 02:46:28 +0100

The ISP I use (Telekomunikacja Polska S.A., aka TP) made some 
unannounced changes for ADSL service (Neostrada) which made it block 
repo.or.cz (and of course its aliases, including git.or.cz where git 
wiki resides). It blocks also gimp.org and some Polish IRC servers 
(irc.freenode.org on which #git resides works O.K.). People speculate 
that this blocking was based on MAPS (Mail Abuse Prevention System, 
which is SPAM backwards) lists to fight SPAM and/or to block botnets,
and uses null routing (IP based) blocking. I have no idea why repo.or.cz 
is blocked: gimp.org is supposedly blocked because it hosts 
irc.gimp.org on the same IP. By block I mean that even ping doesn't 
work (no reply at all).

I can access git wiki via one of many free HTTP proxies; currently I use 
http://www.4proxy.de so there are only slight problems there.  

The problems is with fetching (via git:// protocol) of forks of git 
repository on repo.or.cz, and pushing (via SSH) to a few of my git 
repositories hosted on repo.or.cz.

Do you have any suggestions to bypass this block for git? I have access 
to Linux shell account (no root access, though) which doesn't have 
problems with repo.or.cz, so I think I could set up SSH tunnel: but 
how? And what to do with access via git:// - move to SSH too?

Thanks in advance
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland

http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/t/10789.aspx