Subject: Re: how to combine 2 commits?

From: bill lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:51:21 +0800

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> git rebase --interactive (read "git help rebase" first)

I tried rebase the last 3 commit, but it failed.

bill@b2j:jproject$ git log --pretty=oneline | head
39ed365c11391bede0e1b6578adfac6619b78c0a for yajpp to use unix LF
70c812db2439bc84a8dd7ea831067b9ebf29885c revert last crlf error
f338a768d635b868e6fddaae670ad91d46ea7c4e format scripts   

bill@b2j:jproject$ git rebase -i HEAD~3
error: Entry 'trunk/jcalc/mmenu-mm.ijs' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
fatal: merging of trees a1eafe6cdbb428f851d6ca878bbc53149fb7e7eb and
a00e6dcd3ec3f4ffde0d1aad1958db724093de69 failed

Could not apply 70c812d... revert last crlf error

It looks like cannot resolve conflict of linefeed changes. It was
expected all scripts will conflict, so I have to abort the rebase.

What is the procedure to generate a patch of the HEAD from HEAD~4,
then cancel all changes from HEAD~3 up to HEAD, and then apply the
patch to the previous HEAD~4 ?

BTW, what is the norm of reply in this list, should it be reply to
list only, or reply to group (list plus all cc)?

-- 
regards,
====================================================
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4434BAB3
唐詩213 李商隱  無題二首之二
    颯颯東風細雨來  芙蓉塘外有輕雷  金蟾齧璅燒香入  玉虎牽絲汲井迴
    賈氏窺簾韓掾少  宓妃留枕魏王才  春心莫共花爭發  一寸想思一寸灰