Subject: Re: [PATCH] bash: offer to show (un)staged changes

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 03:06:38 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Thomas Rast <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > +		if test ! -z "$GIT_PS1_EXPENSIVE"; then
> > +			git update-index --refresh >/dev/null 2>&1 || w="*"
> 
> This makes the feature unavailable for people who care about the stat
> dirtiness and explicitly set diff.autorefreshindex to false, doesn't it?

True, and I admit I didn't know there was an option to change that.
OTOH git-diff-files doesn't normally update the index even if the
option is set.  Should I ask 'git diff --exit-code --raw' or some such
instead?

(Why would people want to keep the stat info dirty even though there
may not have been any changes?)

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch