Subject: Re: how to git a read only directory

From: bill lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:52:56 +0800

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> I created a master project folder under ~home, init a new git repo,
> then symlink /etc/ onto an etc/ in the project dir, added all etc/
> files. I like the extra a/etc/fstab in the patch files better then
> a/fstab.

I create a symlink in ~/gitrepo/etc to /etc and git init an empty repo
there. However it failed in symlink when I tried to add files.  Could
you give more detail how to do it?  Meanwhile I use worktree method as
suggested by Michael.

-- 
regards,
====================================================
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4434BAB3
唐詩205 元稹  遣悲懷三首之一
    謝公最小偏憐女  自嫁黔婁百事乖  顧我無衣搜藎篋  泥他沽酒拔金釵
    野蔬充膳甘長藿  落葉添薪仰古槐  今日俸錢過十萬  與君營奠復營齋