Subject: Re: [VALGRIND PATCH for nth_last patch series] Fix invalid memory access

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:21:57 +0100

Thomas Rast wrote:
> Thanks for all the work you (both) are doing on this.  I hope to find
> the time to read the current state of the series tonight.

I was off by half a week :-(

The debugging 'git log --graph ...' that I forgot about is still in,
sorry.  I'll follow up with a small patch.  Other than that, I didn't
notice anything, though admittedly it wouldn't have been very hard to
sneak something past me.

By the way, you (Junio) remarked earlier in the thread that we could
forbid any use of 'git checkout -' except in literally that command
(i.e., no options or paths).  I'm midly opposed to it because I can
see myself saying 'git checkout -b sidebranch -' (and @{} is somewhat
awkward to type on Swiss keyboards).  Admittedly 'git checkout - --
file' looks rather confusing.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch