Subject: Re: rerere: how to remove an erroneous resolution?

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:13:26 +0100

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:42:39PM +0100, SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> some time ago I mistakenly resolved a merge conflict incorrectly.  Of
> course, rerere noted the erroneous conflict resolution, and whenever
> the same merge conflict occurs rerere offers me that erroneous
> conflict resolution, even though I correct it each time.
> 
> So, the question is how could I make rerere forget that particular
> merge conflict resolution?  Is it at all possible?

Ok, I should have investigated a little longer before sending that
email.

I thought that .git/rr-cache contains some kind of sha1-named objects,
and did not realize that those are indeed directories with just
plaintext pre- and postimage files in it.  So, after some grepping I
could identify the sought conflict resolution fairly easily, and
correct it.

Best,
Gábor