Subject: Re: [PATCH] mergetool merge/skip/abort

From: Charles Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:09:47 +0000

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 05:58:35PM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> I was the original author of mergetool, and for a while I was the
> person that was reviewing and managing the mergetool patches for
> Junio.  Unfortunately, in the last couple of months I just haven't had
> the time keep up with the various mergetool proposed patch updates.
> 
> So maybe it's time for me to hand it off to someone who has the time
> and interest in continuing to hack mergetool, and has the necessary
> "good taste" and such that Junio would be willing to trust that person
> to be the git mergetool patch wrangler?
> 
> 							- Ted

A quick blame session has shown that after Ted I've probably touched
the next most number of lines of mergetool. It's a crude measure and
not necessarily a sign of competence, I admit.

Although not rolling in spare time, I feel I'd be able review
mergetool patches at roughly the rate that they tend to appear at the
moment.

Given the above, if I pass the "good taste" and "Junio trust" tests I
feel that I should offer my services as mergetool patch wrangler.

-- 
Charles Bailey
http://ccgi.hashpling.plus.com/blog/