Subject: Re: git mergetool from next not working in subdirectory

From: Charles Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:06:15 +0000

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:05:45PM +0100, Jonas Flodén wrote:
> ~/src/rep/subdir $ git mergetool
> Merging the files: a/b/file.c
> 
> git checkout-index: subdir/subdir/a/b/file.c is not in the cache
> git checkout-index: subdir/subdir/a/b/file.c is not in the cache
> git checkout-index: subdir/subdir/a/b/file.c is not in the cache
> Normal merge conflict for 'a/b/file.c':
>   {local}: modified
> 
>   {remote}: modified

Oh bother. I know exactly what this is. ls-files -u shows paths
relative to the work tree root, whereas checkout-index responds to
relative paths. Essentially the "$prefix" needs to come out of the
calls to the new checkout_staged_file shell function.

This is the bad commit 0ec7b6c26dad51f690cd985d4a5357634123c4b7

I can patch this (and more importantly add a test for this) tonight if
nobody beats me to it.

-- 
Charles Bailey
http://ccgi.hashpling.plus.com/blog/