Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Google has renamed the imap folder

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:16:18 -0800

Sverre Rabbelier <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 19:54, Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > So there's your "Gmail insider", at least from my perspective,
> > I really can't confirm either way any better than you can.
> 
> In that case, doesn't it make sense for countries that are "Google
> Mail" branded rather than "Gmail" branded (I think Germany and the UK
> are good examples?) have the "[Google Mail]/Drafts" folder, and
> regular countries will keep using "[GMail]/Drafts"?

Doh, that may very well be the issue here.

I didn't realize Gmail was branded differently in some countries.
But I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  And if it did, then
I'd expect it to follow through in everything, including the IMAP
folder names.

In which case, [Gmail]/Drafts is probably the more common one
seen in the wild by users, but a handful in the "other places"
may see [Google Mail]/Drafts.

-- 
Shawn.