Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation: Note file formats send-email accepts

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:04:40 -0800

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:51:06PM -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> +There are two formats accepted for patch files:
> +
> +1. mbox format files
> ++
> +This is what linkgit:git-format-patch[1] generates.  Most headers and MIME
> +formatting are ignored.
> +
> +2. The original format used by Greg Kroah-Hartman's 'send_lots_of_email.pl'
> +script

You're kidding me, right?  I really don't believe anyone uses any
patches in that format, I haven't used that script in so long I just
noticed that I didn't even have a copy of it anywhere.

So if for some reason you are trying to be backwards compatible to my
old code, don't do it on my behalf.

thanks,

greg k-h