Subject: Re: Subject: [PATCH] Push to create

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 04:23:01 -0500

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:30:46AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > But I think that coincides with what I was trying to say in my original
> > response to the series, which is "this issue is complex, and we need to
> > hear from the people who would really want this exactly what it is they
> > want".
> 
> And we haven't heard from them at all, unless you and/or Shawn are
> interested.  After all we may not have to worry about this at all ;-)

Junio, I assume you saw Scott James Remnant blog posts, "Git Sucks"?

       http://www.netsplit.com/2009/02/17/git-sucks/
       http://www.netsplit.com/2009/02/17/git-sucks-2/
       http://www.netsplit.com/2009/02/17/git-sucks-3/
       http://www.netsplit.com/2009/02/23/revision-control-systems-suck/

My commentary on his complaint is found here:

http://thunk.org/tytso/blog/2009/02/23/reflections-on-a-complaint-from-a-frustrated-git-user/

Some (but not all) of the comments on my blog are also worth reading.

						- Ted