Subject: Re: GitTogether '09

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:55:32 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> > 
> > Did Google do two international tickets last year for Git?
> 
> I do not think so.  Mugwump got the international airplane ticket, AFAIR, 
> and warthog the local "ticket".

Oh, so it was two tickets.

Mugwump and Sverre flew on Google's dime.  The reason Sverre was
invited was his already heavy involvement with Melange.

Google initially asked me to spend our international ticket on
Sverre only, but I talked them into including Mugwump too once I
pointed out Sverre was attending for Google's own selfish reasons
(Melange) and not to represent Git.

warthog9 is a local.  Local mentors were accepted en-masse near
the end of registration when a lot of orgs had open mentor slots.

You flew on your own dime.  I'm local.  David also managed to fly
on Google's dime, but out of his manager's business travel budget
and not the Summer of Code budget.

-- 
Shawn.