Subject: Re: GitTogether '09

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:11:18 -0700

Scott Chacon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > There is also the most popular issue of budgets. ??GitTogether '08
> > wasn't free for us. ??Its cheaper than anything we would get from a
> > conference venue/hotel outside the Googleplex, but it still was a
> > non-trivial sum. ??We simply may not have the funds for it this year.
> 
> Let me know if I can help out at all.  If Google doesn't want to host
> it, but everyone still wants to string together the GSOC summit and
> this, I'm sure GitHub can find a nice venue for us and get some food
> and whatnot.  Or, if we can simply 'sponsor' it or something - give
> the Goog money to host it for us, however that might work.  We want to
> help this happen again this year, so keep me in the loop and we can
> make sure it gets handled somehow.

Hey Scott, thanks.  FWIW, Google doesn't co-sponsor events.  So if we
do host it, we'll cover everything like we did last year, but maybe
GitHub can sponsor an off-site dinner again, like it did last year.
But perhaps this year you guys could select the venue for that.  :-)

Anyway, today is not the best day to go asking for budget and time
from LH (big GSoC announcement today).  Give me a week or two to
figure out if Google can host us here or in Portland.  FWIW, last
year Portland around the Linux Plumbers conference was tossed out
as an option, but it was too close calendar wise to be possible
for planning purposes.

-- 
Shawn.