Subject: started a cvsps testsuite Was: Re: [PATCH v3 0/2] cvsimport: add test illustrating a bug in cvsps

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:11:10 +0100

Hallo,

I just started a very simple but hopefully effective testsuite to
collect all the issues we found with cvsps. Because I haven't heard
anything from Yann who where the last one to collect some patches I
forked his master and started from there. 

    http://repo.or.cz/w/cvsps-hv.git

The testsuite is on the pu branch so I can first get some feedback
before I will merge it to master.

Maybe Michael can add his tests as well. You should just need to
construct the expected cvsps output. I choose a similar naming
to the one from git. The suite is very simple:

for each test tXXXX-name should be a correspondingly named CVS module in
t/cvsroot and a directory t/tXXXX-name. In this directory a file named
'expect' contains the expected output of cvsps. If the test is known to
fail also an empty file: 'known_to_fail' is added to the test directory.
Thats it.

Hopefully we can collect some more specifics about the situations where
cvsps fails and most importantly the amount of coding needed for fixing.
>From there on it should be easier to decide which route to follow for
a robust inbuild git cvsimport.  

cheers Heiko