Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add diffuse as merge and diff tool

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:55:23 -0700

Hi

On  0, Sebastian Pipping <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From e54c153a67cef9b162eb51f4b7cefb65e59c3a13 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Sebastian Pipping <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:42:31 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] Add diffuse as merge and diff tool
> 
> ---
>  Documentation/git-mergetool.txt        |    3 ++-
>  Documentation/merge-config.txt         |    7 ++++---
>  contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |    3 ++-
>  contrib/difftool/git-difftool-helper   |   12 ++++++++----
>  contrib/difftool/git-difftool.txt      |    4 ++--
>  git-gui/lib/mergetool.tcl              |    7 +++++++
>  git-mergetool.sh                       |   15 ++++++++++++---
>  7 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

Hey, thanks for the patch.
Ouch.. too many places with duplicated information, huh?

I'm in the middle of refactoring git-(diff|merge)tool so that
there is less duplication of code.

Junio also has a number of difftool-related patches in his
proposed-updates "pu" branch.

Sebastian, would you mind if I rebased your patch on top of my
work (once I send it out) so that it makes things easier on
our kind maintainer?  I have a big patch series coming down that
does away with the redundancies so I think it'd be best if we
transfered your changes on top of it.  Would you mind if I
rebased your patch and sent it out to the list?

It wouldn't be until much later tonight (or tomorrow) at the
earliest since I have some unpacking to take care of but if
that's cool with you just let me know.

You should see the refactoring patches from me shortly...

-- 
		David