Subject: Re: git-{diff,merge} refactor round 2

From: Charles Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:59:18 +0100

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 05:55:04AM -0700, David Aguilar wrote:
> Here's the 2nd round of refactoring.
 
Again, I reply in summary form...

[02/10] - I ack this.

[03-07 / 10] - fine. I'm not sure, but should they be one commit?
They're really about consolidating blocks from one place to another
and the change might be more 'obvious' as a single commit.

[08/10] Now that we've isolated the run_mergetool, can we get it to
return the value of '$status' (either the result of the tool or of
check_unchanged) as its exit code so that we know whether the merge
succeeded?

[10/10] Then this chunk:

+    run_mergetool "$merge_tool" "$present"
+    status=$?
     if test "$status" -ne 0; then

can validly become:

     if ! run_mergtool "$merge_tool" "$present"; then

which seems clearer to me.

-- 
Charles Bailey
http://ccgi.hashpling.plus.com/blog/