Subject: Re: [PATCH] perl: add new module Git::Config for cached 'git config' access

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:12:21 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 11:46:15AM +1200, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Add a new module, Git::Config, for a better Git configuration API.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>

I'm really sorry that I probably won't have time soon to properly review
this patch. :-(

> +			throw Error::Simple (
> +				"'$item' is specified multiple times",
> +			       );

So just one comment - in general people seem to be unhappy with this way
of exception handling, preferring die-eval to throw-catch. We might
seize the opportunity here and start using die in all new modules,
keeping Error::Simple only in legacy Git.pm (and its wrappers for the
Git::Config stuff).

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty
in the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr