Subject: Re: [JGIT PATCH 3/3] Rescan for packs and retry once if object lookup scan fails

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:32:56 -0700

Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  .../src/org/spearce/jgit/lib/Repository.java       |   76 ++++++++++++++++----
>  1 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

NAK.

I see a number of things I don't like about this implementation
as it stands.  I'll try to work up a counter patch today.

At a glance, the new logic for openObject is pretty twisted
to follow.  It mostly makes sense, but I had hoped for something
cleaner to read.

I'm really worried about the case where a pack file stays with
the same name, but its contents and index have been recreated,
and thus our existing PackFile object is invalid for access to it.
Your implementation as written would keep the same PackFile in
memory, and we'd lose access to those objects.

You also pointed out some concerns about windows stuck in the
WindowCache.  I'm equally worried about that.
 
-- 
Shawn.