Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH v2] graph API: Use horizontal lines for more compact graphs

From: Allan Caffee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:28:12 -0400

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Allan Caffee wrote:

> Use horizontal lines instead of long diagonal during graph collapsing
> and precommit for more compact and legible graphs.

Please replace this message with:
----8<----------------
Use horizontal lines instead of long diagonal lines during the
collapsing state of graph rendering.  For example what used to be:

 | | | | |
 | | | |/
 | | |/|
 | |/| |
 |/| | |
 | | | |
is now
 | | | | |
 | |_|_|/
 |/| | |
 | | | |

This results in more compact and legible graphs.
---->8----------------

Notice that I dropped out the part about precommits.  Originally I
intended to utilize horizontal lines in pre_commit_line's as well.  But
partway through I decided to just do collapsing_line's for now since (a)
collapsing_line edges tend to extend much longer and (b)
pre_commit_line's are less common since they only occur when there is a
merge with at least three parents, and (c) the change for
pre_commit_lines is liable to be more complicated and error-prone.