Subject: Re: [PATCH] allow OFS_DELTA objects during a push

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:30:05 -0700

"Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > The fetching of OFS_DELTA objects has been negotiated between both peers 
> > since git version 1.4.4.  However, this was missing from the push side 
> > where every OFS_DELTA objects were always converted to REF_DELTA objects 
> > causing an increase in transferred data.
> 
> Folks, this may have broken git push for me.
> 
> I'm trying to debug it right now, but something in next between
> 46488d2 and 03e1664 has caused "git push" to not create a pack
> file, sending the remote peer 0 objects, when really we should have
> transmitted objects, e.g. in the case I just looked at, we should
> have sent 11.

Uhm, never mind.

Somehow my incremental build failed horribly; it compiled and created
a git-push which worked "some of the time".  Building again produced
a working git-push.

Scary stuff.  Now I have to worry about the toolchain on this system.
But I don't think there is a problem in git.git.
 
-- 
Shawn.