Subject: cosmetic bug in gitk cherry-pick

From: Peter Cordes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 00:36:59 -0300

If a cherry-pick requires conflict resolution, gitk does:
if {[confirm_popup [mc "Cherry-pick failed because of merge\
                        conflict.\nDo you wish to run git citool to\
                        resolve it?"]]} {

 That gives the user a Yes/Cancel dialog, but in this case Cancel
really means "No, don't run anything", _not_ cancel the cherry-pick.
So IMHO, it would be better if the dialog options were Yes/No.

 If you added the button text as parameters to the confirm_popup
function, you'd have to pass it the default strings everywhere, and
the extra visual noise of all that would probably make this bug not
worth fixing.

 Unless tcl supports functions with default arguments, like C++'s
int foo(int i, int j=42);  Unfortunately I don't know tcl.

 git (with gitk and git gui) is the best thing since emacs.  Happy
hacking!

-- 
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)

"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
 Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack
 my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC